What is an altivist?
Altivist, (lat. Alti + -vist), (creator and architect of society), a mix of an alternativist, an activist and an alchemist.
An Altivist creates, reshapes and redefines the architecture of our society. The altivist is motivated by a desire to experiment and collaborate in order to create change and facilitate progress. The Altivist is not only driven by creating content or posing arguments in debates, but wants to create specific, action-oriented solutions. Solutions that address challenges locally, nationally and globally.
We have set six specific criteria to guide and frame our solutions.
Our criteria for posing solutions are:
- We focus on progress, possibilities and solutions
- We invite and inspire to take action
- We take a holistic perspective in order to point out pros and cons
- We seek transparency in our work process and admit when we are wrong or make mistakes
- Our starting point is, that everybody is right, but only holds part of the solution
- We are just as curious and critical towards our own ideas as we are towards the ideas of others
We also have six values at the core of our work that guide and structure how we frame our solutions. The values represent the way we communicate and how we want to shape and co-create a better world.
Our six values are:
Courage. Courage face problems eye to eye. Courage to help shape the future we will all share.
Generosity. Everything that can be shared will be offered freely to those who is interested.
Transparency. Everybody should be able to peer over our shoulders. On good days and on bad.
Humility. To the task. To those on whose shoulders we stand. And to those who will come after us.
Humour. Without humour, there can be no creativity. Without creativity, there can be no good ideas. Without good ideas, there can be no creative power. Without creative power, there can be no results.
Empathy. Put yourself in other people’s shoes. Looking at the world from another point of view. Create win-win solutions for everyone.